The scoop on frozen yogurt in LA.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Frozen Yogurt Venue Spotlight: The Bigg Chill

The Bigg Chill is located in a little shopping center on Olympic and Westwood. It is currently my favorite. 

The basic flavors are all very good. Ghirardelli chocolate is excellent, and they're always rotating their extra, lower calorie flavors. But what really keeps me coming back is the Vanilla Custard flavor. It's AMAZING. They have it every weekend, it seems. Go try it. 

Pros:
-Vanilla Custard
-Lots of toppings
-Punch cards and gift certificates
- The line moves quickly. 
- They also sell other assorted low calorie snacks, like brownies and cookies. 

Cons:
-As my boyfriend has complained, the flavors are usually just different variations of chocolate and vanilla. I personally don't mind though.
- Parking sucks. And since it's usually packed, people get vicious about spaces. 

As you can see, my list of cons is short. And the deliciousness totally overrides everything. If you call there you can get an automated voice message of what flavors they have, so you can check ahead before you go and not make some poor soul working there read off all the flavors to you. 

Here's the address:
10850 West Olympic Blvd. 
Los Angeles, CA 90064

Go on a weekend at around 5:30. You won't regret it. And if you do... sorry?

* My friend Jenna would like me to note that she once saw Frankie Muniz here. Also, once my mom and I were there and she claimed to see Gary Sinise under a billboard featuring Gary Sinise. I think this is unlikely, but worth noting.

No comments: